Monday, May 7, 2012

Last Semester in the Program

Just a little over a month left in the program and I am excited to see where my credential will take me. I had thoughts of teaching out of state considering how difficult it might be to look for a job here in Southern California. One of the teachers at Valley High School gave me useful advice on the job hunt. This teacher told me to find a job within the district in which I went to school. Word has it that people have more luck finding a job where they went to school. The Oceanside Unified School District will be my starting point and then I will eventually expand to other local school districts. It would be such an honor and privilege to end up teaching at El Camino High School, which is the high school that I graduated from. It would be exciting to meet up with all the amazing teachers that I have had in the past and who have been an inspiration to me. I guess it all depends what the future holds as many would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment