Monday, May 7, 2012

TPA: Teacher Performance Assessment

Completing the last task of the TPA was such a relief for me and I am sure it was for others as well. Throughout the program, the TPA was definitely a challenge for me. It was something that I dreaded each time the due dates were approaching because it was extremely lengthy, detailed and repetitive. Each TPA that I have submitted numbered to almost forty seven pages. In sum, for the TPA alone, I have written over two hundred pages of responses. I am sure others have written that much, possibly more, as well. I have mixed feelings about the TPA. Although the work was excruciating at times, the TPA definitely helped me with differentiation strategies and also allowed me to think more critically on how to plan instruction for a class with different types of learning needs. The repetition of the TPA taught me how important and crucial detail is and I am just so relieved that the TPAs are over and done with.







No comments:

Post a Comment