Monday, May 7, 2012

Life During the Program

During one of the orientations to the credential program, I remember one of the coordinatorscommenting on how "rigorous" the single subject program will be. I took this comment lightly because I felt I was already prepared of what was yet to come. I thought long and hard about the determination and motivation it took to get my degrees. So, I thought the program can't possibly be as bad. During the first week of introductions, one of my professors gave us an assignment in which we were given a template to schedule our daily routines. We had to schedule for study time, family time and personal time. Again, I did not think the program could be as bad. I truly was optimistic during the first few weeks of course work. As I got into the groove of things, I discovered what "rigorous" mean.When I look back to that day in September to the time now, I think about the sacrifices I had to make to get me to this point. Many people who were in the program last semester did not make it to this semester and I have even witnessed some in tears due to the strain that the program has placed on their families. My family has even mentioned to me that they hardly see me anymore and that I am always studying. Of course, they took it personal and sometimes I would not even have time to even explain to them why. I do not even have time to do the things I am use to doing such as read the newspaper or enjoy reading a good book. This semester is much more different. I am trying not to work as hard and I have made effort to be with my family as much as I can. The end of the program is near and part of my success I definitely owe to my family. They have been caring, supportive and understanding throughout this process and they are the reason why I made it this far with the program.






No comments:

Post a Comment